In the often tough financial times of our modern world we should be money wise and spend reasonably. But as the saying goes “buy cheap, buy twice.” This doesn’t only apply to products we purchase, but also services we require. Plumbing problems aren’t just annoying, damages and repairs could leave you with a huge bill and your head in your hands. Plumbing companies in Toronto often get called out to fix a problem that has already been “fixed” by a handyman. That’s why it’s important to ensure that plumbing jobs are done properly and by experts who are trained to do it. Let’s take a look at some other reasons why handymen aren’t always your answer to plumbing jobs.
- Eliminate risk and save time – Half the price, half the quality. Although there are of course good handymen out there, there is a reason why their services are cheaper than plumbers’. When you hire a plumber you get expert services from a trained, qualified and licensed individual/company. Handymen lack the training of getting something fixed for the long run. Sorting out a plumbing problem can be time consuming and expensive so you want to get it right the first time. You also don’t only face the risk of having to pay someone else in the (often near) future to fix the same problem, you’re also faced with insurance problems. Licensed plumbers are covered by insurance which will benefit both you and them. Many insurance companies don’t cover work done by an unlicensed handyman.
- Up to date equipment and services – The term handyman is often used quite loosely nowadays, with practically anyone who knows a little something about pipes and drains using it. These individuals often use outdated methods of fixing a problem, don’t always have the right tools for the job and violate laws because they are not familiar with plumbing regulations and codes.
- Experienced professionals – Aside from being qualified, licensed plumbers also have years of experience. While handymen often offer their services as a sideline job, plumbers work with plumbing problems every single day. Whatever your problem is, they’ve probably seen it before and can thus identify it easily and fix it effectively.
- Safety First – Licensed plumbers at plumbing companies in Toronto have to be informed and trained to ensure safety to both themselves and their clients. Handymen, however, are not always aware of the safety hazards that could occur in the plumbing business.
- Detect other problems – When hired for a job, handymen work on fixing the task at hand and more often than not, nothing else. With a professional plumber on the job, they can identify other problems and also the causes thereof, helping you to prevent more problems later on.
In the end you need to ask yourself if you can afford not hiring a plumber. As a licensed plumbing company in Toronto we provide expert services at reason