Experts in Leaky Basement Repair in Toronto
New Canadian Drain & Plumbing has been protecting homeowners in Greater Toronto Area against leaky basements for years. We provide you with an affordable solution no matter how serious the problem.
While you might not use the basement area in your home for much more than storage, it’s still very important that you maintain it in good condition. It’s easy for a leaky basement to go unnoticed if not inspected regularly enough, and failure to resolve this problem quickly can have a number of serious consequences. The walls of the basement need to be checked very carefully for signs of moisture; just because there isn’t a pool of water on the floor doesn’t mean you don’t have a leaky basement!
Signs That You Have a Leaky Basement
What many Toronto homeowners don’t realize is that minor water damage can quickly escalate and cause a number of other problems if not dealt with straight away. Some of the tops signs that you have leaky basement problems include:
- Water Stains – The most obvious sign that you have a leaky basement comes in the form of water stains either along basement walls or the floor.
- Mold & Mildew – Mold and mildew thrive in moist, enclosed areas and can cause a whole range of health related problems for people in the home including headaches, difficulty breathing and irritation of the skin.
- Musty Smell – When you walk into your basement, are you hit with a musty smell? This is caused by excess moisture and is a strong indicator that you have a leaky basement.
- Efflorescence – If your basement walls look as though they have been painted with a white ash type substance, you have moisture problems, as these are salt deposits that were left behind when water inside your basement evaporated.
Signs of a more serious leaky basement problem include cracks in the foundation walls, honeycombing of the concrete, concrete spalling or tie holes. If you notice any of these signs or the ones listed above, call us immediately on (416) 651-2990.
New Canadian Drain & Plumbing Can Fix Your Leaky Basement Today
Call us today before your leaky basement gets worse and starts affecting your home’s market value. We offer a range of solutions including:
- Repairs to Cracked Walls – For minor cracks in foundation walls we may be able to simply inject an epoxy or a polyurethane material into the affected area, or alternatively apply hydraulic cement, in order to prevent moisture from getting into your basement.
- Interior Excavation Waterproofing – This solution addresses problems with hydrostatic pressure, whereby the groundwater is forced up through your home’s foundation. It involves installing a new drainage system and a sump pump, which will safely remove any water that enters your home.
- Exterior Excavation Waterproofing – If your leaky basement problem is particularly bad, it may be necessary to waterproof the exterior of your home’s foundations, which involves applying a waterproof membrane to prevent water from penetrating its surface.
Regardless of whether your leaky basement problem seems to have just started or is at an advanced stage, pick up the phone and call us today. We have years of experience and all the necessary skills and equipment to fix any leaky basement problem in Toronto.