Faucet Repairs and Replacements in Toronto, GTA
Did you know that a faucet that drips just once a second will waste five gallons of water in a day? Now consider your own leaky faucet. Does it drip more than that? How many gallons is your faucet dripping down the drain each day? And how much money is that costing you? Save yourself the money your drippy faucet is wasting by having it fixed. New Canadian Drain would be happy to help with leak repair anywhere in Toronto.
Faucet Installations & Replacements
What Causes a Leaky Faucet?
Leaky faucets are caused by a few very simple problems. It’s usually just good old wear and tear, in one form or another. Here are some of the common causes of leaky faucets.
- A worn-out washer. In a compression faucet, every time you turn on the water, there’s friction between your faucet handle’s rubber washer and valve seat. This friction slowly wears away at the washer, making it harder for the washer to do its job. This is fixed by replacing the old washer with a new one of the correct size.
- Valve seat corrosion. The valve seat connects the spout and faucet. If the valve seat hasn’t been cleaned of sediment in a while, it’s possible that it’s begun to corrode. A corroded valve seat will present as leaking around the spout.
- O ring problems. In cartridge faucets, regular use can wear out a piece called the O ring. This ring is located with the stem screw, which is what holds the faucet handle in place. A worn-out O ring will cause leaking from the handle. If your handle is leaking water, you likely need to replace the O ring.
Why Leaks Must be Fixed
Sure, listening to the faucet drip is bothersome, but is it really a big deal? The answer is yes. There are many reasons to fix a leaky faucet promptly. The fortunate part is that it’s fast, easy, and cheap to do.
So what are the reasons not to ignore your leak?
- Leaks waste money. Even a slow leak can waste over a hundred gallons of water each month. That’s a lot of water doing absolutely nothing for you and your wallet.
- Moisture from leaky faucets attracts pests. From rodents to roaches, pests need a source of water to live comfortably. Your leaky faucet could be just the thing that makes them decide to stay. After all, they can rely on that to keep them hydrated. Do you really want to be a pest hotel?
- And last, but not least, drippy faucets are really annoying. If the money and risk of bugs aren’t enough, maybe the lost sleep will convince you. Quit losing rest at night while listening to the drip drip drip of your money going down the drain.
Give us a call at New Canadian Drain & Plumbing and we’ll be glad to service your home in the Toronto area. We’ll have your leaky faucet fixed up in no time.