You never consider that you might need a plumber until that exact moment, when, well…you need a plumber. A plumbing problem means more than a temporary inconvenience; it can mean permanent water damage and hundreds or thousands of dollars spent repairing floors, ceilings and walls.
So when a problem does arise, it’s crucial to call a professional immediately. These are the most common plumbing problems which can happen at any time of day, making 24/7 emergency plumbing services necessary:
The Most Commonly Required Emergency Plumbing Services
- Toilet Repair – While modern flush toilets are a convenience that the average person would have fantasized about a century ago, most people take them for granted these days. Toilets are surprisingly resilient but still have problems from time to time.The most common problem is a clogged toilet. Usually this can be plunged out; if not, a snaking may be needed. Other problems could be a damaged ball-cock or other internal hardware. Be sure not to neglect the problem, as a backed-up toilet is no laughing matter.
- Frozen Pipe Thawing – This is one problem that simply can’t wait for you to get around to fixing it. If not thawed immediately frozen pipes can become permanently damaged, leading to a series of complicated and costly repairs. Both your wallet and your peace of mind will thank you for taking care of the problem promptly. Call a professional plumbing contractor.
- Drain Clearing – A drain has a thankless but absolutely crucial job. When it becomes so clogged with dirt and debris that it stops working, you can have a serious problem on your hands. A backed up drain can cause costly damage to your floors, ceilings and walls.In the worst-case scenario, a neglected clog can result in a leaky basement on top of damage to the structure of your house. Having to dredge your basement is a dirty and costly business. Avoid the mess by calling an emergency plumbing professional immediately.
How to Spot a Top-Notch Emergency Plumbing Contractor
- Holding all the Necessary Licensing – This one goes without saying. Whether you live in Toronto or anywhere else, there are plenty of reputable, licensed plumbing contractors, so why choose one without the proper credentials?
It’s your money on the line, so make sure that you hire someone with a proven ability to do it right.
- Well Versed in The National Plumbing Code of Canada – It’s important that your plumber operates under the proper national plumbing codes. This means working in the right way to ensure that not only is your plumbing system repaired, but that all aspects are fully in line with national permits and regulations.
- A Warranty on All Services Provided – A proper emergency plumbing contractor will do the job right the first time, but it’s always good to have a warranty in case a problem does creep up down the road.
Now that you know the importance of taking care of a plumbing problem promptly, call a professional as soon as the issue arises. If you encounter a problem during the night, there’s only one company you should call – New Canadian Drain & Plumbing. Visit us on Google+