Some plumbing contractors also offer basement waterproofing services but before you hire one to carry out the necessary work, you should be aware of a few salient facts about waterproofing in the home. If you find a good plumbing contractor in Toronto, they will be sure to tell you these facts before they offer to complete the work but just in case they don’t, we have made a note of them below. If you have any questions about any of the points, you can always call us and we will be happy to answer them for you.
5 Facts about Basement Waterproofing in Toronto
Firstly, your plumbing contractor should make you aware of the different types of waterproofing options currently available, of which there are four main ones:
- Synthetic Membrane – This type of waterproofing is in essence a rubber-like membrane which, due to its elasticity and durability, provides excellent long-term waterproofing and can accommodate a certain amount of structural movement due to natural forces.
- Fluid Sealant – Painted on in several layers, this option is considerably cheaper but can still prove to be very effective in houses with little to no existing damage from moisture.
- Waterproof Sheets – These are laid down in layers, to provide long-lasting waterproofing and are often resistant to very high temperatures.
- Joint Sealant – This is generally used to seal cracks and minor gaps in between joints.
Lastly, your contractor should make you aware of a very important fact:
- Waterproofing Is Essential – Homeowners who wish to ensure their properties are protected from the damage damp conditions can cause should know that waterproofing of Toronto basements is an essential task, which should be undertaken by competent professional who know exactly what they are doing. A property without any kind of waterproofing is almost certain to suffer some kind of water damage over the years, damage which could cost many thousands of dollars to repair.
Obtaining a Quotation and Professional Advice
Most homeowners in Toronto, or anywhere else for that matter, have no idea what type of waterproofing is most suitable for their property or how much the installation costs are likely to be. As a firm that has carried out waterproofing in Toronto homes for many years, we are ideally placed to advise you of your options, along with the potential costs involved for each one. Call today for further information on your choices.