For busy home or business owners, picking the right plumbing company normally involves finding someone online, or perhaps calling the number off the plumber’s truck parked at a neighbor’s house down the street. In most cases, it is a matter of convenience or needing the work performed right away — but that does not mean it is the best way to make a choice.
At New Canadian Drain & Plumbing, we are the number one plumbing company in the Greater Toronto Area, and we make the choice of selecting a plumbing professional easy through our long history of affordable solutions and top notch customer service. And it goes without saying that we would never recommend you hire the first smiling face you see on a billboard or Internet website, either.
One of the reasons we have been so successful over the years is because we continue to build strong relationships with customers, as well as residents in the Ontario communities we serve. It is a relationship based on mutual respect, trust, and a commitment to achieve total customer satisfaction.
Picking the right plumbing company does not have to be difficult if you follow the right steps:
- Make sure all work includes a warranty, and ask to see it in writing before agreeing to have any services performed. Unfortunately, we have had countless homeowners call us or walk into our offices asking us to fix shoddy work done by another plumbing company because the work they paid for did not include a warranty — and the problem was not fixed in the first place. Do not let this happen to you. All reputable and licensed plumbers will offer a written warranty, normally in the 30 to 60 day range, and may extend that for repeat customers.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions. Like any other household issue such as plumbing repairs, drain cleaning, toilet repair may take a long time and can be costly depending on the scope of the problem. While no one likes confrontations, we strongly encourage customers to always ask the following questions when interviewing a potential plumbing company:
- 1.) Our shower (or whatever plumbing fixture applies) is leaking. Do you have experience in this area?
- 2.) What are your overtime rates?
- 3.) What happens if you come out to my house, and don’t have the right parts?
- 4.) Are you available after hours or on the weekends for emergencies?
- Like many other kinds of service professionals, there is more than one kind of plumber available so take that into consideration when looking for a plumbing company. The key point is to remember that different areas require different plumbers. One plumber may be tasked with repairs, while another could be tagged as the “go-to guy” for installing pipes or doing the hookups for a new bathroom. It is advisable to know what type of services the plumber specializes in so you select the right one for the job.
- Do your research. As we alluded to earlier, picking the right plumbing company is more involved than going with the first name and number you see. The Internet is an amazing resource, giving you the ability to track down reviews and other information for plumbers in your area. Ask family members, neighbors, and co-workers for a referral. Another good source are local plumbing supply stores, whose employees in all likelihood are familiar with top-rated plumbers in your area.
- Check with the local Better Business Bureau (BBB) or related consumer protection agencies. The BBB and related agencies are key players in helping the average homeowner find information on plumbers as it pertains to customer satisfaction, insurance, and other factors that lead to a job well done. At New Canadian Drain & Plumbing, we have an A+ rating with the BBB, and a 9.8 rating on HomeStars, a leading independent website where consumers post comments and their ratings for local companies.
At New Canadian Drain & Plumbing, our expert plumbers perform a range of services, including: toilet repair, bathroom plumbing, water service plumbing, septic tank service, services on damaged or frozen pipes, whole-house plumbing renovations, and many other tasks.