Backed up drains are an unfortunate part of everyday life, like bad weather and taxes. They’re a problem no one wants yet most homeowners will have to deal with at some point. Backed up drains can be caused by hair, grease, food waste and soap scum as well as – in the case of the main sewer line – loose weeping tiles, branches, toilet tissue and more that collect over time and choke off the ability of the water to pass. The result is sinks, tubs and toilets full of foul effluent. If you’re experiencing drain backup in Toronto New Canadian Drain & Plumbing can help.
- 24/7 emergency service.
- Free no obligation estimates.
- Local, fully licensed plumbers.
- Fast effective unblocking of your drains.
- High quality, affordable work.
The Fast, Affordable Answer to Drain Backup in Toronto
New Canadian Drain & Plumbing are the company to call first for all your residential and commercial plumbing needs. No home or business can function properly with backed up drains. You need a company on the job with the experience and resources to tackle any kind of blockage quickly and effectively. New Canadian Drain is that company.
A backed up drain is more than a mere inconvenience. It’s a health hazard and a potential threat to the value of your home. When water backs up in the sink, shower or toilet and spills out onto the floor it carries with it the potential for bacterial contamination. It may also find its way into the floor and walls of your home where it can render insulation useless and damage electrical wiring. A backup of the main sanitary line between the house and the street can be even more catastrophic and must be addressed quickly and effectively.
Tell-tale Signs of Impending Drain Backup
Drain backup in Toronto homes can have long term consequences if not dealt with in time. Fortunately, looming drain backups whether local (a sink or shower etc) or general (the main line between house and street) often send out tell-tale warning signs beforehand. These include:
- The sink, shower or tub are not draining as quickly as they should. The toilet takes more than one flush to clear. If these are isolated events they may indicate a local blockage.
- You hear gurgling in your drains and/or the smell of sewage is emanating from different drains. This indicates a main sewer line backup.
- Water emerges from the shower or tub drain after flushing the toilet. This is a clear indication that there is trouble brewing in the main sewer line.
- Soapy water from the washing machine emerges from an unrelated drain like the bathtub or shower. Another sign of a main sewer line blockage.
Call New Canadian Drain for Expert Help
Drain backup in Toronto area homes is an unfortunate part of modern life. It doesn’t have to have long term negative effects on your home however, as long as you deal with the problem quickly by calling New Canadian Drain & Plumbing at the first sign of trouble.