New Canadian Drain offers wet basement repair in the Toronto area
A wet basement is a nightmare scenario for homeowners across the Toronto area and is something New Canadian Drain & Plumbing is proud to be able to protect you against, offering a range of wet basement repair solutions. From tiny leaks to water flooding into your basement, we are the team you need to call in order to restore everything back to perfect condition. Wet basement problems are progressive, and will only get worse if not dealt with, potentially having a range of serious consequences.
What Causes Wet Basement Problems?
Wet basement problems can be caused by a whole range of different factors, and in some cases can happen immediately, such as if a storm affects your area(such as the one that affected Toronto in July, 2013). However, most wet basement repair work is required because of:
- Poor Landscaping – Rainwater runs off nearby lawns, flowerbeds, patios and walkways in the direction of your home and hit your foundation walls.
- Broken or Poorly Placed Downspouts – Your property’s gutter system plays an essential role in helping prevent the need for wet basement repair, but when the downspout is broken or poorly positioned, it can direct considerable amounts of rainwater to your foundations.
- Hydrostatic Pressure – Houses that are constructed at the base of a hillside often fall victim to hydrostatic pressure since groundwater (sub-surface water) flows in a downward direct due to gravity, eventually hitting the foundations of the property, which act as a dam. Eventually the pressure builds and builds, until this water is forced through joints and creates cracks in the foundations.
Why You NEED Wet Basement Repair
We’ve worked with many people in the past who put off wet basement repair as they didn’t think the problem was that significant, only to watch in horror as the condition of their basement quickly deteriorated. There are numerous reasons to pick up the phone and call us today for wet basement repair, which include:
- Mold & Mildew – A wet basement provides the ideal conditions for mold and mildew to grow in large quantities, which can cause a range of health problems from breathing difficulties to allergic reactions.
- Foul Smells – Leaky basements are very often accompanied by a musty smell that is extremely unpleasant and can damage any items stored in the basement.
- Water Damage to Your Items – If you’re like many other residents of Toronto, you most probably store a number of items in your basement, all of which could be damaged beyond repair if exposed to water.
- Structural Damage – By far the biggest concern and the biggest reason to get hold of a wet basement repair company at the first sign of trouble, is the threat of structural damage to your property. Small cracks in your foundation will eventually turn into bigger cracks, until finally structural repairs are a necessity, costing you thousands of dollars.
New Canadian Drain & Plumbing can not only provide affordable solutions to your problems in the short term, but we can also offer advice to help prevent wet basement problems from re-occurring in the long term. You can reach us at (416) 651-2990 (Toronto West) or (416) 462-3212 (Toronto East).