If you own a property in the GTA and it has not yet been properly waterproofed, or the existing waterproofing has deteriorated to a level where it is no longer effective, you should remedy the situation at the earliest possible opportunity. Although it will cost you a reasonable sum of money to have the work completed by experienced and fully qualified professionals, this sum will pale into insignificance when compared to the savings you can look forward to once the job is done.
Waterproofing in Toronto: More of an Investment than a Running Cost
Spend a little money now and you could save thousands of dollars in the future. A properly waterproofed basement will offer you the potential to make the following savings over the long term:
- Lower Utility Bills – By waterproofing your basement, your foundations will be sealed, minimizing the amount of hot air lost in the winter and cool air in the summer, through this particular part of your property.
- Prevention of Mould – Damp basements are a breeding ground for toxic mould, which can be detrimental to the health of your family. Rather than having to take remedial action once it sets in, it is much easier to take preventative action by calling a contractor that specializes in waterproofing in Toronto and have them take care of your damp basement as soon as possible. In addition to helping you save money on expensive repairs in the future, this measure will ensure that your family are not exposed to toxic mould that could result in costly trips to the doctor on a regular basis.
- Prevention of Water Damage – Failure to install good quality waterproofing in your basement could lead to flooding in adverse weather conditions. The cost of replacing furniture, carpets, and other fittings after a flood could far exceed what you would have to pay a company that performs waterproofing in Toronto for domestic customers.
- Discounted Insurance – Homeowners who take preventative measures to protect their property from natural disasters such as flooding are often rewarded by insurers, in the form of lower premiums for their building insurance policies. While the discounts on offer may not be huge, they can still add up to a substantial amount over the years.
- Possibility of a Basement Conversion – Once your foundations have been sealed, you might like to consider the possibility of converting your basement into extra living space for your family. A basement conversion is far cheaper than a home addition or a move to a larger property so it could save you thousands, or even hundreds of thousands, of dollars.
Call New Canadian Drain & Plumbing today to request a free estimate for waterproofing in Toronto. As a fully qualified, licensed, and bonded contractor, you can trust us to complete all work to exceptionally high standards and to leave your property in a clean and tidy state. We are committed to providing our customers with the best service possible at the most competitive prices.